Dennis Miller, Foreman
3718 Weymouth Road
Edward Kerr, Assistant Road Foreman
3718 Weymouth Road
Map of Medina TownshipMedina Township Streets, County Roads in Medina Township, State Routes in Medina Township and Private Streets ListFor help with Township Streets, County Roads and State Routes consult the above list and phone the appropriate department below:
- Medina Township Streets- Roads Department: Phone: 330.764.8767; Fax: 330.725.2945.
- County Roads in Medina Township- Medina County Highway Department: 330.764.8780
- State Routes in Medina Township- Ohio Department of Transportation: 330.725-8103
You must have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to complete the above form. Open the form, fill it out, then click on submit. This will open your email program so that you can send the form in to Denny. Please fill out sections 2 and 3.
- The Medina County Engineer's Office has announced the closing of Remsen Road between Hamlin Road and Foskett Road on Monday, August 4th for 60 days.
- Due to a massive water line break early this morning, State Route 42 and State Route 3 (South Court Street) are closed from Washington Street to Lafayette Road. West Smith Road is also closed from South Elmwood to South Court Street as well as East Smith Road for east bound traffic from South Court to South Broadway. These closures will remain in effect until likely mid-week, next week. In addition to replacing broken water lines some storm sewer replacements will also be required due to the extensive damage caused by the amount of water released into the storm water system. Both of these situations have caused the roadway to be unsafe for vehicular travel therefore requiring it to remain closed until repairs are made and the roadway can be replaced.Detours have been set up and Medina Police will assist as staffing permits during the rush hours in both morning and afternoon. Please watch the city website and/or Facebook for further updates. Avoiding Medina Public Square and the surrounding blocks is recommended whenever possible to avoid possible delays. We appreciate the public’s cooperation and understanding as we work through this unanticipated project.
- Cook Road will be closed between Old Weymouth Road and Tompkins Road through Tuesday, September 16 due to repair of Bridge #16
EVENTS: No Events at this time.
Thank you very much for your support of our effort to keep the Township safe and beautiful.
PHOTOS & SLIDE SHOWS:
April 12, 2014 – Toss Your Trash Event
Every year, on the second Saturday in April, Medina Township holds their annual Toss Your Trash event. Residents are encouraged to do some spring cleaning and get rid of the items their regular garbage service does not allow. For our 2014 3rd annual event, Road Foreman Denny Miller coordinated everything needed for a successful day for the residents of the Township. With the help from his crew, Jeff Kessler, Keith Kessler and Ed Kerr, they filled three dumpsters from the 65 residents who came to "Toss their Trash". Gateway Storage was also at the maintenance building this year with an industrial shredder for the 27 people who came to shred their confidential documents.
April 19, 2014 – Pick it Up Event
This year's 8th annual "Pick it Up" event held Saturday, April 19, 2014 was one of the most successful to date. Clean-up efforts involved community organizations, local businesses, and individuals cleaning up selected areas of Medina Township. Immense thanks to Coach Pat O'Brien and his Medina Battling Bees Boys Lacrosse team. The JV and Varsity Lacrosse teams were up early on a Saturday morning to PAY IT FORWARD. All the boys worked hard and their efforts made a huge difference in our community. Same goes for Cub Scout pack 3507, Boy Scout Troop 501, and all the individuals who put forth such great effort in cleaning up the Township. Special thanks, once again to our Road Foreman Denny Miller and his crew who worked diligently (as they do every year) before, during and after the event. Also to the Medina Twp. Fire Department who were on the road all morning making sure people had bags, water and oversaw the safety of the volunteers. We are so very fortunate to have local businesses donate food and supplies for this event. Sincere thanks to these generous supporters: Central Processing Unit for waiving the dumping fees. Home Depot for donating garbage bags, water and gloves. Walmart for donating donuts, juice, milk, & breakfast bars. Dunkin Donuts on Pearl Road Little Ceasars' Pizza Gionino's Pizzeria Antonio's Pizza Pizza Hut on Rte. 18 Quaker Steak and Lube Buffalo Wild Wings The level of community involvement Saturday speaks volumes on the quality of the people and businesses of Medina Township and our surrounding community. This year we picked up 1700#'s of trash. This was a community effort and without all of you, there would not be an annual "Pick It Up" event in Medina Township.
Digging Dugouts, 2013
Slide Show of Service Department Garage Construction
Slide Show of Denny Digging Dugouts
Slide Show of Hood Road Ditch Clean-Up
Slide Show of Weymouth Community Center Old Floor Removal
Slide Show of Painting Grande Boulevard
Slide Show of Huffman Road Culvert Repair
(the above files are large and may take up to 30 seconds to open)