ContactsDennis Miller, Foreman 3718 Weymouth Road 330.764.8767 Edward Kerr, Assistant Road Foreman 3718 Weymouth Road 330.764.8767 Slide Show of Service Department Garage Construction Slide Show of Denny Digging Dugouts Slide Show of Hood Road Ditch Clean-Up Slide Show of Weymouth Community Center Old Floor Removal Slide Show of Painting Grande Boulevard Slide Show of Huffman Road Culvert Repair (the above files are large and may take up to 30 seconds to open) NEWS & NOTICES:
- ROAD CLOSING ALERTS: none at this time
The Roads Department plays a major role for two of Medina Township’s events: Dumpster Days and Pick-It-Up Day. We thank Denny Miller and Ed Kerr for all their hard work.
SATURDAY, April 20, 2013 “PICK IT UP”
This year’s 7th annual “Pick it Up” event held Saturday, April 20, 2013 was another success. Clean-up efforts involved community organizations, local businesses, and individuals cleaning up selected areas of Medina Township.
This year we picked up .8 ton of trash. This was a community effort and we would like to thank all those involved in making this happen. Without all of you, who chose to get up early (knowing there was a chance of snow) there would not be an annual “Pick It Up” event in Medina Township.
- Peggy Jarrett (this is the first year Trustee Ray Jarrett was unable to help but his wife Peggy was a Godsend) Thank you Peggy.
- Medina Township Road Department staff – THANK YOU for all your efforts in helping prepare ahead of time, picking up the filled bags and the follow up work you do behind the scenes, EVERY YEAR! (I know there is no such thing as secret “Fairies” who appear in the night and make all this happen)
- Medina Township Fire Department – Thank You Chris Shuster and each fire fighter who was there to help.
- Chief Arbogast for making sure everyone is safe, and answering my radio calls when I couldn’t get through to the Fire Dept.
- Trustee Ken DeMichael, his daughter Antonia and son Dominic jumped right in and picked up numerous bags of trash on East Point and Stonegate Drive.
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Mike Todd, who, after giving a brief speech, was right out there with everyone filling bags of litter. Thanks Mike, you should have stayed for lunch though, it was delicious!
- Sgt. Todd Zieja for taking pictures from the cruiser.
Of course thanks to Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Gionino’s, Antonio’s, Panera Bread and Sanitary Engineer Dept. Central Processing Unit for supporting this event every year. Our new supporter went over and above donating over 300 wings this year, thanks Alex!
The level of community involvement Saturday speaks volumes on the quality of the people and businesses of Medina Township and our surrounding community.
SATURDAY, April 13, 2012 – Toss Your Trash Day
Our second annual “Toss Your Trash” event was once again a great success with over 60 residents coming through to toss their trash. Medina Township Road Dept. Foreman, Denny Miller and his crew were definitely dressed for the rain and cold weather. We had four 40 yard dumpsters for trash and one 40 yard dumpster for steel. Medina Township offers this service to the residents once a year. The hope is to have other services available in conjunction with the available dumpsters. An idea was to have an industrial shredder next year. If you have any suggestions, please call Laurie 330-721-1394.
For help with Township Streets, County Roads and State Routes consult the above list and phone the appropriate department below:
- Medina Township Streets- Roads Department: Phone: 330.764.8767; Fax: 330.725.2945.
- County Roads in Medina Township- Medina County Highway Department: 330.764.8780
- State Routes in Medina Township- Ohio Department of Transportation: 330.725-8103