SATURDAY, JUNE 14, 2014 – MEDINA TOWNSHIP. GAME WILL BE HELD AFTER OUR ANNUAL FLAG DAY EVENT AT BLAKSLEE PARK (CORNER OF FENN ROAD AND RTE. 3)
THIS IS GOING TO BE THE GREATEST EVENT OF THE SUMMER. TICKET INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED SOON. KEEP CHECKING MEDINATOWNSHIP WEBSITE!
THE HOLLYWOOD DIAMOND JESTERS
(Or, “a Band of Lunatics is Formed”)
THE HOLLYWOOD DIAMOND JESTERS
Thirty-five years ago, an idea was conceived that would haunt an entrepreneurial softball fanatic for years to come. The young visionary, Dale Nickel, knew that he would someday coordinate a team of his own, one like no other. The initial ideas ranged from an all-female team, which at the time was rare, to an all left-handed team, to a team of all left-handed females.
As Dale attempted over the years to create a successful traveling softball team, something always seemed to be missing. What would make this team truly unique and intriguing? What would make softball fans and players want to come out and see this team play a game of slo-pitch softball?
After moving to Los Angeles Dale met Producer/Director Hal Hundley. Once Dale told Hal what he was trying to accomplish the vision became crystal clear. Hal suggested, and Dale agreed the best thing to do was to combine softball playing skills with slapstick comedy. With this objective in sight, Dale and Hal became a frenzy of activity. They recruited the freshest, funniest softball playing talents they could find from the Los Angeles area, and thus was born THE HOLLYWOOD DIAMOND JESTERS.
This group is composed of television, film and stage actors, singers, stand-up comedians, radio personalities and variety artists. Individually, they have performed nation and worldwide, appearing on television shows such as “Seinfeld”, “Sex and the City”, “Oz”, “Law and Order”, in feature films including “Private Parts”, “Analyze That”, “If Tomorrow Never Comes”, and on Stage in “Steel Magnolias”, “Peter and theWolf”, “West Side Story”, and “Cinderella”, to name only a few.
Over the years THE JESTERS have rubbed elbows and performed with such superstars as Arnold (now governor) Schwarzenegger, Walter Matthau, Joe Pesci, Chevy Chase, Robert Di Nero, and Bill Murray among others.
Individually some of the athletic accomplishments include advancing to the final four in the “American Gladiators”, contest, playing for the Oakland Athletics and California Angeles and representing the U.S. on the Woman’s Soccer Team.
This group of Renaissance artists form a band of misfits whose expert athleticism and on field shenanigans combine to create a show that is outrageous, hilarious, darn near illegal, and not to be missed.
So, lock your doors, bar your windows and hang on to your loved ones, because THE HOLLYWOOD DIAMOND JESTERS will soon be coming to a field near you.
(Or, “Hey, are they allowed to do that?!”)
The goal of THE HOLLYWOOD DIAMOND JESTERS is not only to exhibit above average softball skills, but to provide clean, good old-fashioned fun for the whole family.
THE JESTERS along with a combined group of notable local citizens and celebrities fill one dugout, while another group of local “victims” and a ringer from THE JESTERS make up the opposing team. Those in attendance will be drawn in close to the comic action, and an unsuspecting few may even find themselves on the field or at bat.
Once the game is finally underway there isn’t a dull moment until the dust is settled. However, between unhappy players, missing players and an umpire that would rather be shopping, getting the game underway is a challenge in itself.
The shenanigans on the field range from banter between the players, to impromptu football games and run-downs gone terribly amiss. From time to time THE JESTERS resort to rules of their own, including bribery, literal base stealing, hypnotizing the batter
and whatever else it takes to turn the game of softball upside down.
Unlike media entertainment, THE JESTERS ever-changing comedy and softball antics provide the rare opportunity for fans to keep coming back to see a brand new show. The stadium will rock as THE HOLLYWOOD DIAMOND JESTERS along with local notables as they travel from town to town, keeping a steady flow of entertainment and
craziness coming right at you.
BENEFITS FOR ALL INVOLVED
THE HOLLYWOOD DIAMOND JESTERS will provide many benefits for the communities, sponsors, and charities involved as well as all who are present at the show.
To give you an idea of the kind of entertainment and prosperity that THE JESTERS will bring to your town; think back to groups such as “THE HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS”.
They laid the groundwork and foundation that THE JESTERS will proudly follow. The
guaranteed and warranted publicity and recognition for all involved has proven beneficial in the past and will continue to thrive with THE HOLLYWOOD DIAMOND JESTERS.
The entire community will benefit from an appearance by THE HDJ’s
1) THE HDJ’s could help your community raise money for local charities. (i.e. show to benefit the Malibu Fire Victims)
2) Advertising exposure for local business in HDJ commemorative programs.
3) Local personalities will have the rare opportunity to come together and work as a team while promoting their own endeavors.
4) Good clean family entertainment will have a positive impact in the community by bringing them together and providing a unique alternative to the usual media exposure.
The sponsors fortunate to be involved with THE HOLLYWOOD DIAMOND JESTERS will have National and International exposure.
1) Consistent exposure to millions across America in commemorative programs, banners, various publications, media advertisements and on web-sites on the internet.
2) Additional media exposure through interviews, celebrity support and reviews.
3) An opportunity to promote a positive image for your company through the exemplary influence of THE HDJ’s
4) Eventual International exposure as THE HDJ’s tour the world.
The charities involved will enjoy the rare opportunity to raise substantial monies for their causes while obtaining widespread exposure.
1) Both the team and local charities will financially benefit through venues such as partial ticket sales, raffles, donations, sponsorships and concessions.
2) Neighborhood exposure for local charities and National and International exposure for team charities via publications, commemorative programs and media announcements.
3) THE HDJ’s involvement will extend past the show by producing additional support and recognition through special appearances.
THE HOLLYWOOD DIAMOND JESTER