WELCOME TO THE MEDINA TOWNSHIP, OHIO WEBSITE!
This is where you'll find information about our township, trustees, meetings, board minutes and history. We will also advertise all upcoming township events, and post photos and videos afterwards. We have also compiled a list of useful links and phone numbers. It features an events calendar and a section on recently updated pages. Please check both navigation sidebars to find what you are looking for. This website will also show Amber Alerts on the Police Department Page and Emergency Road Closings on the Roads Page.
SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM CHIEF ARBOGAST:
At approximately 4:00 AM, a Gary Grimes Jr., of Brunswick, Ohio, came into a house in the 3300 block of Foskett Road, Medina Township Ohio and held his ex-girlfriend against her will. She was able to escape from the house at approximately 8:40 AM and called Medina Township Police. Officers responded to the scene and Mr. Grimes Jr. stated that he wanted to kill himself. The Medina County SWAT team was activated. After several hours talking with hostage negotiators, Mr. Grimes Jr. surrendered to officers. He was transported to the hospital for evaluation. Charges have been filed for Abduction against Mr. Grimes Jr. Any other information should be directed to Chief Arbogast at Medina Township Police Department. firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-721-1395.
- The Public Hearing for Pat O’Brien Chevrolet’s variance will be continued and be heard at next month’s meeting, Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014.
- The Trustee Meeting on July 31st has been cancelled.
- The Medina County Engineer's Office has announced the closing of Remsen Road between Hamlin Road and Foskett Road on Monday, August 4th for 60 days.
- Medina Township Trustees are accepting letters of intent from Township residents who may be interested in serving on either the Zoning Commission or the Zoning Board of Appeals as an alternate. Please send letters to Medina Township 3799 Huffman Road Medina 44256 or e-mail to email@example.com by August 29, 2014.
- The Medina Township Fire Department is actively seeking applicants to fill part time firefighter positions. For more information, see the fire department page under part-time firefighter opportunities or call the fire station at (330) 723-6900 and speak to someone today.
- MetroHealth/CWRU PAMPer Study Team will be conducting a New Emergency Research Study/PAMPer (Prehospital Air Medical Plasma Trial). For more information on this research study, please click here.
- A message to property owners from Ohio Edison.
- OTARMA (Ohio Township Association Risk Management Authority) is conducting a photo contest to showcase Ohio townships. They encourage photos depicting township offices, parks, departments, events and special areas of interest. Winning photos will be featured in future OTARMA materials, such as newsletters and the 2015 OTARMA calendar. Please click here to download full details and regulations.
- The Medina Township Trustees are actively seeking non-profits who would be interested in leasing the remaining portion of the Remsen Road Building. Interested parties can send their information to the Medina Township Trustees 3799 Huffman Road, Medina, OH 44256 or click here to send us an email.
- Medina County Solid Waste District 2014 Activities, including drop-offs of paint, oil, tires, etc. Click here for full details.
- The Medina Township Fire Department is now able to offer AED and CPR training and certification classes. We will be giving several available dates for open classes.
Please go to the link to complete the student information sheet. As of now, we will be holding classes in the community room at Pat O’Brien Chevrolet, located at 3880 Pearl Rd., in Medina. If you have any questions, please contact Scott Vargo at 330-723-6900 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.